sponsored links

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: islayfisher (offline)  Saturday, 26 January 2008 (Read 7902 times)  

Took this picture in May 2004 whilst on our annual trout fishing trip to Islay. Anyone like to have a guess of location. Let me know if you need a clue.
Brian

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21760708@N08/2220998121/

Islayfisher

islayfisher

By: ron (offline)  Saturday, 26 January 2008  

Hi Brian, my first guess would be Loch Fada in the foreground and Loch Leathann in the background or the other way round perhaps.

Or... Loch Smigeadail and Loch Mhurchaidh in the north... Rolling Eyes

Nice shot by the way Big Grin

ron

By: ron (offline)  Monday, 28 January 2008  

Yesterdays Answers... you might wonder what this is. Yesterday my hosting provider switched servers and as a result a few posts are missing. Having a backup of these posts I though i'd upload them here all in one go. Here they are:

By: islayfisher
Sorry Ron not quite in the right vacinity. Clue is to look further south. More clues if required.
Booked the ferry for our annual visit this week and we will be on Islay from 31 May for one week. We also know the Fletcher's well (who does not!!) and visit the boys to give them trout each year.
Brian

By: ron
hi Brian, I have headed more south and came up with Loch Leathan an Sgorra and looking at the picture it makes the most sense. You're looking at Beinn Uraraidh in the distance? Rolling Eyes
You can probably also tell me what the easiest way is to get access to this area? I assume somewhere from the high road? Big Grin

The Fletchers are a great bunch, we usually stay in one of their cottages when we are on Islay and always have a great time, cant wait to get back!

By: ron
Which reminds me.... I just googled about a bit to find your website, which is by far the most comprehensive "Islay fishing website", and I will include a link from my pages to your site for other fishing enthusiasts. Anyone else interested in fishing on Islay will appreciate the info on Brian's site which can be found here Big Grin

By: islayfisher
You got it Ron photo taken from hill top looking onto Loch Leathan an Sgorra with Loch Beinn Uraraidh beyond! Yes it is approached from the high road and our route in is to take the vehicle in the peat road as far as a point I have calculated to be 529360. You then go through the deer fence and follow the agrocat tracks to the loch over Maol Airigh o Dhuin and the next rise before dropping down to follow the burn which leads to the loch. There is a small fishermans shelter on the lochside which affords some protection from the elements on a windy day (most days on Islay!). I am no expert photographer and only use a small compact digital but over the years have managed to get the odd decent shot or two. I am planning to put some of my favourites onto Flicker to share with others. Watch this space!
Regards.
Brian

ron

By: islayfisher (offline)  Sunday, 22 February 2009  

Ron
Noticed this link was broken and as I have been trying out stitching to create a better panorama I have added the attached two panorama photos of Loch Leathan an Sgorra.
Brian

www.flickr.com/photos/21760708@N08/3301520344/
www.flickr.com/photos/21760708@N08/3301518972/

Islayfisher

islayfisher

By: ron (offline)  Saturday, 28 March 2009  

Smashing image Brian, well done! Specially the second one is great!!

Here is an active link for the other readers: http://www.flickr.com/photos/21760708@N08/3301518972/ Wink

ron

By: islayfisher (offline)  Saturday, 28 March 2009  

Cheers Ron.
Great news this year in that as well as our annual fishing visit on 31st May for a week I am also taking my wife and her parents over on 20th April to let them see all that Islay has to offer. Probably no fishing but will be doing the tour guide bit!
Let's hope we get some great spring weather (at the moment it is snowing as I look out over Belhaven Bay towards the Bass Rock which is now fully colonised with Gannets for another year).
Very best wishes.
Brian

Islayfisher

islayfisher

By: ron (offline)  Saturday, 28 March 2009  

So you're living in or near North Berwick? I have been there a couple of times in the last years and it was great. Beautiful area, beautiful village and great castle (Tantallon). This year we stayed in a B&B near East Linton which was really nice as well. We saw Bass Rock too and it's amazing to see how many Gannets nest there. Big Grin

Great to hear you are going twice to Islay, well done! Big Grin

Spring is usually the best time on Islay. Have a great trip and please keep us up to date Wink
Thanks
Ron

ron

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1