sponsored links

28 posts :: Page 1 of 4
By: TVAS (offline)  Wednesday, 20 June 2007 (Read 24532 times)  

My favorite.
I like the taste of peat very much. I think, you don't believe it, JD was my favorite, because in my working life. (Purchase Manager of an International Holding) and traveling all over the world. When I order for a Jack Daniel's, they have it all over where you come, ........ what a marketing Exclaimation and I........ liked that very much of course. Mine off-license 'The Whisky Koning' asked me, why don't you try a single malt?! And after that...... my whisky-life starts really. I can say that in a very short time I have change my taste completely and a whole new world opens for me. What a differences in nose and taste. My (whisk(e)y) life (I am 60 now) starts again. The Single Malt of Islay. I like them all. I think when you started with Islay, your N&T is determined for the future. Because every time, when I make a side trip to all that different areas (Lowland, Highland, Speyside a.s.o.) I always come back to Islay.
And now next month for REAL Exclaimation

TVAS

By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 20 June 2007  

So you have come to the end of your discovery of whiskies? Even in Islay Whiskies there is much difference and I wonder what your favorite Islay malt is Theo? Or are they all your favorites? I guess it probably depends on the occasion as well right? I'm always charmed by Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Laphroaig (15yr), Bunnahabhain and Ardbeg (not neccessarily in that order) hmm that's almost all of them Big Grin

But if I had to make a choice.... Laphroaig 15yr

And to be honest, I also like Highland Park and Scapa a lot. So many choice huh? Cool

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Wednesday, 20 June 2007  

For me, my favourite Islay malt is the first one I tried - Bunnahabhain! However (and I may have said this before) my preference is for Jura! Having said that, I am hoping to be sampling some of Campbeltown's finest soon Big Grin

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: TVAS (offline)  Friday, 22 June 2007  

Quote by: ron

So you have come to the end of your discovery of whiskies? I'm always charmed by Bowmore, Bruichladdich, Laphroaig (15yr), Bunnahabhain and Ardbeg (not neccessarily in that order) hmm that's almost all of them Big Grin

But if I had to make a choice.... Laphroaig 15yr

And to be honest, I also like Highland Park and Scapa a lot. So many choice huh? Cool

Ron,

of course they are not all my favorites Eek! , As I already told on this forum Laphroaig is my favorite too Smile , especially Laphroaig Quarter Cask, then the 10 YR, then the Cask Strenght and then the 15 YR. But the Ardbeg 10 YR, the Still Young and the Almost There, are favorites too. So maybe you are right and they are all favorites of me. Big Grin

TVAS

By: TVAS (offline)  Friday, 22 June 2007  

Quote by: Bruce

For me, my favourite Islay malt is the first one I tried - Bunnahabhain! However (and I may have said this before) my preference is for Jura! Having said that, I am hoping to be sampling some of Campbeltown's finest soon Big Grin

Bruce,

Bunnahabhain 12 YR I have tried to, nothing wrong with that. Big Grin But what I say to Ron, I always come back to Islay, means that of course there are a lot of different tastes who are all OK. For example, I like the Macallen 15 YR very much. But als the Highland Park 12 YR, and the Specials of Blackadder, so surprising Surprised! sometimes, I can't say. Exclaimation

TVAS

By: TVAS (offline)  Saturday, 23 June 2007  

Please read,.......... but ALSO the ..........

TVAS

By: yAnja (offline)  Saturday, 23 June 2007  

Smile
...Really a lot of choice!
Unluckly for me, i only taste Laphroaig 10Years and 15Years, Ardbeg 1991 and Scapa.
This year when i travel to Islay i hope to enjoy many more of the whisky produced there, particularly the Quarter Cask, HARD to find here in Padua (Italy), infact i actually, i don't know place where you can buy or drink it...

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

By: TVAS (offline)  Tuesday, 26 June 2007  

@ yAnja,

for me it's easy, because I live in the neighbourhood of 's-Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands and in that place you will find a whisky shop, with at this moment, over 1408 different whiskies. I don't know it's allowed on this forum, but I will give you the URL: www.whiskykoning.nl . I know they send orders all over the world, so also in Padua Wink The site is very informative, so take a look, I would say.

Theo

TVAS

28 posts :: Page 1 of 4