sponsored links

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Dhmellor (offline)  Monday, 26 October 2009 (Read 6996 times)  

According to this timetable...

www.calmac.co.uk/winter-timetable.html?id=winter-jura--port-askaig-feolin.gif

...the late ferry at 21.30 is now only running on Saturdays. Anyone know if this is really true? Cry

Dhmellor

By: ron (offline)  Tuesday, 27 October 2009  

Hi,

I think there are some discrepancies between the timetable on the Calmac website and the one on the Argyll and Bute website which you can find on islayinfo.com. Since A&B council is running the service I'd put my money on their timetable instead of the Calmac one. And if you're not sure why not call the ferry operator on 01496 840681 Big Grin

ron

By: Dhmellor (offline)  Tuesday, 03 November 2009  

Thanks Ron. After an exchange of emails with A&BC, they have now posted the authentic version of the winter Jura ferry timetable on their website, rather than the Calmac version. Here it is: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/pdffilesstore/fttislayjura

It seems that the late ferry on weekdays is now at 23.00 rather than 21.30, and has to be booked three days in advance.

Dhmellor

By: Dhmellor (offline)  Monday, 16 November 2009  

Interestingly, since A&BC posted the proper timetable on their website (see above), it has changed, and now looks like this: www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/pdffilesstore/fttislayjura

So there are bookable late services on weekdays and Sats at 21.30 and 23.00. So that's OK Laughing Out Loud

Dhmellor

By: ron (offline)  Tuesday, 17 November 2009  

Quote by: Dhmellor

So there are bookable late services on weekdays and Sats at 21.30 and 23.00. So that's OK Laughing Out Loud

If you plan three days ahead, yes there are. Any impulse visit to Jura and late stay will have as a consequence a night in Jura Hotel. There are worse places to stay overnight Wink

ron

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1