sponsored links

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Bruce (offline)  Monday, 23 July 2007 (Read 8677 times)  

... would probably be my favourite place on Islay, but maybe it would be better if I reserved judgement until I make my way back to the island again as one trip isn't enough to make this sort of decision! Rolling Eyes

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Monday, 23 July 2007  

Hi Bruce, I know exactly what you mean and I particularly like this part of Islay as well, in fact I just posted someting in another topic about the road to Bunnahabhain but Port Askaig is one of my favorite places as well. In fact there are so many.. I hope you get the chance really soon for a proper visit to Islay and explore the beauty of this little treasure Big Grin

Good to see you back by the way and I hope you had a great trip to Kintyre Big Grin

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Tuesday, 07 August 2007  

We had a great trip to Kintyre, but the closest we got to Islay was watching the sun set over the island (from Machrihanish Bay and the Mull of Kintyre itself)... its a sight you need to experience yourself I reckon Wink

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Sunday, 12 August 2007  

Quote by: Bruce

We had a great trip to Kintyre, but the closest we got to Islay was watching the sun set over the island (from Machrihanish Bay and the Mull of Kintyre itself)... its a sight you need to experience yourself I reckon Wink

You probably mean this beach at Machrihanish Rolling Eyes

As you know we made the drive to Campbeltown when we returned from Islay but unfortunately my back wasn't too good to go for a proper walk in the town and/or distilleries so we decided to go to our B&B in Tarbert early. We enjoyed a little walk on this beach very much though and I believe the sunsets over Islay are great from here but I think I will stick to the sunrises over Kintyre from Islay, which doesn't mean we don't like Kintyre. I think it was fabulous but we have to give it some more time for a proper discovery without pain in my back. The beach (and views) are really stunning.

Here is another one from a little further north looking towards Islay:

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Sunday, 12 August 2007  

I'll look out some of the sunset shots later and let you see them... but yea that's the beach I mean!

Bruce

Here's the sunset from Westport taken last year and another from this year!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Sunday, 12 August 2007  

Quote by: Bruce

Here's the sunset from Westport taken last year and another from this year!

Brilliant... Smile specially the second one with the water splashing on the rocks... I think next time we should consider to visit Kintyre a bit longer. Maybe by then we have a very good reason: to visit friends Wink

ron

Aye you should make more time for a visit to Kintyre and you never know, you might know someone who lives there soon!

Anyway, back to the photos... my son (who was with me that evening) suggested I tried to get the wave splashing over the rock like that! I was trying to and the fact I got that shot within a few seconds is totally irrelevant! Rolling Eyes

On the way back to the car, my son (the very same boy who made the above suggestion) asked me if I would like to be a photographer when I grew up! Eek!

Bruce

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1