sponsored links

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Spirit of Islay (offline)  Sunday, 22 July 2007 (Read 6197 times)  

Hi Ron ,
thought i'd kick this one off , my favourite place on Islay to sit and watch the world go by is the Pier at Ardbeg Distillery . Many a time my wife Mel and myself have sat their with a dram in our hands .Perhaps our best time was during the glorious Ardbeg day of 2003 . A lovely day , glass of LOTI , blue sky , Swan swimming by , not a ripple on the sea and the sound of Clann an Drumma drifting over from the courtyard where they were perfoming.......Bliss !!!!

Slainte
Gordon

Our visits to the Hebridean Isle of Islay
http://islayvisits.wordpress.com/

Spirit of Islay

By: ron (offline)  Monday, 23 July 2007  

Hi Gordon, good to see you here and welcome to my wee Islay forum. If I remember correctly you share this beautiful place with Simon King from BBC Springwatch. He reported from that exact same spot some weeks ago and he made it look like a little piece of heaven. Next time when I'm on islay I will visit the Ardbeg Pier myself, I haven't actually been there up till now, although I have visited the Distillery (of course) Big Grin

If I had to pick a favorite place on Islay I had to think really hard, there are so many wonderful places with wonderful memories. I guess Saligo Bay is one of them, and I love the road to Bunnahabhain along the Sound of Islay and the little bay at Caol Ila. This is such a peaceful part of Islay, really heaven Smile Specially with those majestic views towards the Paps, and so unspoilt. But what about the head of Loch Indaal late in the evening when the sun is setting and the snipes make their special sound... hmmm I just cant wait to go back to Islay

And what about.... the rest of Islay? Cool

ron

By: sashabubble (offline)  Sunday, 02 November 2008  

Saligo bay is a really great place - last time I went there, there was a whopping great big dead whale on the beach! AND it stank.
A really good place to to chill out (as long as you dont mind a climb and have lots of insect repellent) is the top of the Green Hill (or Fairy Hill) in Kildalton. Just remember to shut the gate and dont go paddling in the loch as there are leeches waiting to feast on your legs.

sashabubble

By: sashabubble (offline)  Sunday, 02 November 2008  

hey Ron
Wheres my avatar? Surprised!
Emma

sashabubble

By: ron (offline)  Sunday, 02 November 2008  

Quote by: sashabubble

hey Ron
Wheres my avatar? Surprised!
Emma

Hi Emma, just sent you a pm Big Grin