sponsored links

14 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: gerardhorstman (offline)  Monday, 02 July 2007 (Read 13244 times)  

How do I get a nice avatar like the one Bruce has. Question

gerardhorstman

By: ron (offline)  Monday, 02 July 2007  

Hi Gerard, on the left side of the screen you'll find the option User Functions -> My Account, there you can change your profile and upload a new avatar. The max size is 100x120 pix. Let me know if you experience any difficulties Big Grin Good luck with uploading!

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Tuesday, 03 July 2007  

Hi Gerard, if you want an avatar then follow Ron's instructions... however, if you want an avatar like the one I have then I can maybe make one up for you - unfortunately I haven't found any Islay pics that work with the template (and I have also tried to make one with the Islay outline, but with even less success... maybe one of your sunsets will work Ron?)

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: Bruce (offline)  Friday, 10 August 2007  

In line with my new status as a moderator I thought I would try out a new avater... I'm not 100% happy with it, but you could all let me know what you think! Wink

Bruce

By: TVAS (offline)  Friday, 10 August 2007  

Bruce, it's early a little bit dark today, isn't it Question

TVAS

By: ron (offline)  Friday, 10 August 2007  

Quote by: TVAS

Bruce, it's early a little bit dark today, isn't it Question

That was my first impression as well Bruce, but hey.. you can use any picture on the site you like to create an avatar for yourself or Theo, I really like the outline. I still haven't managed to learn the trick, I really should spend some time with Photoshop Big Grin

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Friday, 10 August 2007  

The problem I have found (as I said before) is finding a photo that "works" with the outline! Ron, do you have a sunset similar to one of those that feature on SftR's forum? The more orange and red they are the better they seem to look... but in the meanwhile I have lightened up the Kildalton version!

As for the "trick" Ron, its really not that difficult... as long as you save the image as a GIF! The downside is of course sometimes you might lose too much of the photo's quality and the end result doesn't look too good. Or you have to reduce the size of the photo too much and lose the detail!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Sunday, 12 August 2007  

Quote by: Bruce

The problem I have found (as I said before) is finding a photo that "works" with the outline! Ron, do you have a sunset similar to one of those that feature on SftR's forum? The more orange and red they are the better they seem to look... but in the meanwhile I have lightened up the Kildalton version!

Bruce, if you have a look in the image galleries you can nick whatever you like, I think that's easier then sending you a few. And thanks for the offer to show me how to do it... sooo much to learn Big Grin

ron

14 posts :: Page 1 of 2