sponsored links

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: ron (offline)  Monday, 04 June 2007 (Read 71276 times)  

When I started the Islayinfo website one of the first things I did was install a forum. A place for people to exchange information about Islay and ask Islay related questions. The software used at the time was not very reliable and sensitive for hackers, at which point i decided to stop the forum all together, which I later regretted.

Therefor I started a new forum with other more secure software and I invite you, if you are interested, to register using the link or from the mainpage and become a member of the Islay Weblog and forum. I know it will take some time before a little community is formed but we have to start somewhere. If you already registered to the Islay weblog you can automatically post in the forum as well.

Anyway, enjoy and I hope to see and speak to you soon Big Grin

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Saturday, 09 June 2007  

Hi Ron, its good to see you have set up a forum again and I hope this soon attracts loads of people to discuss the wonderful island is Islay... and Jura as well of course Wink

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Saturday, 09 June 2007  

Quote by: Bruce

Hi Ron, its good to see you have set up a forum again and I hope this soon attracts loads of people to discuss the wonderful island is Islay... and Jura as well of course Wink

Hi Bruce,

A warm welcome to my new forum and good to see you here Big Grin

I think there is enough to discuss about "God's own Isle" and I look forward to see lots of new people as well. Did you happen to see the latest Springwatch shows on BBC2?

ron

By: TVAS (offline)  Friday, 24 August 2007  

Have I missed something Question
Because of the complete silence on this forum Eek!

TVAS

By: Spirit of Islay (offline)  Friday, 24 August 2007  

Quote by: TVAS

Hi TVAS ,
Summer is usually a quiet time on most forums , my own is not very busy at the moment and when i had the original Yahoo Club/Group July -August was always quiet simply lots of people away on holiday /making the most of the sunshine......now that's a joke here...... Rolling Eyes
Slainte
Gordon

Our visits to the Hebridean Isle of Islay
http://islayvisits.wordpress.com/

Spirit of Islay

By: annieb (offline)  Friday, 24 August 2007  

Hello All -

Still counting down the days until vacation......2 weeks and 6 hours until the plane leaves Philadelphia (though knowing our airport I am not sure it will on time) - ITS HOT HOT HOT here - close to 90 degrees today (32 C - just looked it up) and thunderstorms are threatening - so I long for cool breezes and even cool rain!

Cool

Did you know that close to 60% of Americans did not take a vacation this year (think that I cited this before) - those 2 weeks a year do not go very far - I work for the gov't so I get a HUGE 3.5 weeks a year (ok - you all over the pond can stop laughing now) Confused I guess I count as not taking a vaca - summer is the busy time in my line of work - but I was saving up!

2 weeks and 5 3/4 hours.....

Wink

annieb

By: Bruce (offline)  Friday, 24 August 2007  

Theo, Ron has been away since the weekend... he's due back today so the forum should pick up again!

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Saturday, 25 August 2007  

Theo, I am back and hope to post some new messages in the coming days. I was on vacation for a week to Germany. But you are right, it was rather quiet on the forum and I guess we need some more active members to participate. Let's not forget that I started this forum only a few months ago and it takes quite a long time before a little community is active. Hopefully things will pick up when the summer holidays are over and people start thinking about their next holiday Big Grin

ron

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1