sponsored links

9 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Avallone (offline)  Friday, 04 July 2008 (Read 13592 times)  

Does anybody know if they accept ID cards with machine-readable code at the Isly airport? My passport is expired but since my country is in the EU I don't want to pay a lot of money for a new one.

Avallone

By: ron (offline)  Friday, 04 July 2008  

Quote by: Avallone

Does anybody know if they accept ID cards with machine-readable code at the Isly airport?

Hi Avallone, I'm not sure if Islay airport plays a role here, after all you have to land on another airport in Scotland first before you can fly to Islay Rolling Eyes

You say you are from another country in the EU and I personally think you will need a valid passport or other means of identification.

You can find more information on the Identity and Passport Service Website Big Grin

ron

By: Anonymous: agrewe ()  Friday, 04 July 2008  

Ron, I don't think your link will help Veronika much, that website is for UK citizens and I believe she's Czech ;-)

I can't read any of it, but I believe this page for Czech visitors to the UK should help her.

Assuming the Czech ID card has a similar status to the German id card she might be able to use it. I'm fairly sure my parents and sister have travelled only with their German ID card (I don't know from personal experience as I always have to travel with my passport. You can only get an ID card if you live in Germany, which I don't).

By: Avallone (offline)  Wednesday, 09 July 2008  

Thanks, Ron and Armin.

I did a bit of research (I was to lazy before... Smile ) and I really need only an ID card for my travelling to UK. I was only afraid that there could be some trouble with that MR code when checking for our back flight from Islay, but somehow I didn't realize that it would have to be on a passport anyway, so my previous question was in fact unnecessary...

Oh, only 1 month and 22 days and I'll be there.:-)

Avallone

By: ron (offline)  Thursday, 10 July 2008  

What about the hours?? Big Grin

Have you been to Islay before or is this the first time?

ron

By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Thursday, 10 July 2008  

Thanks, Ron and Armin.

I did a bit of research (I was to lazy before... Smile ) and I really need only an ID card for my travelling to UK. I was only afraid that there could be some trouble with that MR code when checking for our back flight from Islay, but somehow I didn't realize that it would have to be on a passport anyway, so my previous question was in fact unnecessary...

It would be no problem for me to miss the way back and to be obliged to stay at Islay. Mr. Green Not be able to enter Islay, that is a really catastrophe Big Grin

For me it is 3 months and 4 days to be back at Islay. Razz

Love Single Malt , love Islay , love Scotland ...

Singlemalt-Danny

By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 16 July 2008  

Quote by: Singlemalt-Danny

It would be no problem for me to miss the way back and to be obliged to stay at Islay. Mr. Green Not be able to enter Islay, that is a really catastrophe Big Grin

I know the feeling Danny. We were almost lucky when the refinery strike started at the end of April. We did make it to Islay and unfortunately the refinery folks went back to work! I didn't send them a greeting card Mr. Green

ron

By: Avallone (offline)  Thursday, 07 August 2008  

Quote by: ron

What about the hours?? Big Grin

Have you been to Islay before or is this the first time?

It's the first time and I'm very excited about that, because it was just a year ago that I decided to go there some day and I didn't expect it to be so soon. But I don't mind it really.:-)

Avallone

9 posts :: Page 1 of 2