sponsored links

21 posts :: Page 3 of 3
By: yAnja (offline)  Sunday, 30 March 2008  

My Avatar picture was taken on Our Sunday visit at Ardbeg lat year.
Was taken in The Old Kiln Cafè, and represent the only bottle of Ardbeg "Mor" remained at Distillery, that's the No. 1 bottle.
It's really impressive to see a bottle of 4,5 litres bottle of a wonderful malt...
Rolling Eyes

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

By: Spirit of Islay (offline)  Friday, 06 June 2008  

This afternoon i've been sitting enjoying this years releases from Ardbeg......
The Beist (2008 Edition) - Well into it's 17th year now , makes me think of the old 1975 O.B. , beautiful Ardbeg-dine !
The Corryvreckan - Definitely the most complex Ardbeg i've had the pleasure to Dram , every tasting finds something new !
The Renaissance - WOW! pure Caskstrength Beg , this is so moreish , i think i've got a dodgy Cork.......it keeps coming out......
Just Eight weeks till i return to the Old Kiln
Slainte
Gordon

Our visits to the Hebridean Isle of Islay
http://islayvisits.wordpress.com/

Spirit of Islay

By: yAnja (offline)  Saturday, 07 June 2008  

Quote by: Spirit+of+Islay

This afternoon i've been sitting enjoying this years releases from Ardbeg......
The Beist (2008 Edition) - Well into it's 17th year now , makes me think of the old 1975 O.B. , beautiful Ardbeg-dine !
The Corryvreckan - Definitely the most complex Ardbeg i've had the pleasure to Dram , every tasting finds something new !
The Renaissance - WOW! pure Caskstrength Beg , this is so moreish , i think i've got a dodgy Cork.......it keeps coming out......
Just Eight weeks till i return to the Old Kiln
Slainte
Gordon

What a Luck! Both!
Tasting so much kind of Ardbeg and going to Islay in the next days...

Yesterday evening i taste at my preferred pub a good dram of Quarter Cask Laphroaig, the first from a new bottle open at my request...It's so goooood... But if i can choose, there's nothing better that tasting a Great Malt in its distillery...
Drink a dram for me Big Grin

yAnja

By: bgulien (offline)  Saturday, 21 June 2008  

You are so right.
Just came back from Islay.
I had the fortune (thanks to some friendly CalMac people) to get an early sailing.
I arrived in Port Ellen and steamed right ahead to the Ardbeg open day (31st)
What a setting: Sitting with a Renaissance and a plate of oysters at the back of the Old Kiln cafe.
The best start of any holiday I've ever had.

bgulien

By: yAnja (offline)  Sunday, 22 June 2008  

Quote by: bgulien

You are so right.
Just came back from Islay.
I had the fortune (thanks to some friendly CalMac people) to get an early sailing.
I arrived in Port Ellen and steamed right ahead to the Ardbeg open day (31st)
What a setting: Sitting with a Renaissance and a plate of oysters at the back of the Old Kiln cafe.
The best start of any holiday I've ever had.

Wonder!
I desire to taste an Islay Malt with oyster...I think a day i'll try at home.It's not the same thing, but even better nothing Mr. Green

yAnja

21 posts :: Page 3 of 3