sponsored links

27 posts :: Page 4 of 4
By: jeanmarcd (offline)  Sunday, 27 July 2008  

There has been some Laphroaig distilled in 2003 from barley malted in their own malting floors (and using only the 3 smaller spirit stills).

Has anybody news about it ?

jeanmarcd

By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Sunday, 27 July 2008  

Quote by: jeanmarcd

There has been some Laphroaig distilled in 2003 from barley malted in their own malting floors (and using only the 3 smaller spirit stills).

From "The legend of laphroaig" : In 2003 a separate spirit run was taken from the three small stills.The spirit made solely from barley malted at the premises. John Campbell calls it "Original Laphroaig". he did not reveal whether or not it will be on the market in the future.

Thus : John only knows Wink

Love Single Malt , love Islay , love Scotland ...

Singlemalt-Danny

By: jeanmarcd (offline)  Sunday, 27 July 2008  

Quote by: Singlemalt-Danny

Quote by: jeanmarcd

From "The legend of laphroaig" : In 2003 a separate spirit run was taken from the three small stills.The spirit made solely from barley malted at the premises. John Campbell calls it "Original Laphroaig". he did not reveal whether or not it will be on the market in the future.

Thus : John only knows Wink

I did not remember where I read that...

We do not know how many casks there are, and as the big spirit still dates from 1972, I wonder if they are going to replace it with 2 small sills when then change it. In 1972 there were designs to add 2 "small" stills

jeanmarcd

27 posts :: Page 4 of 4