sponsored links

27 posts :: Page 1 of 4
By: ron (offline)  Saturday, 09 June 2007 (Read 34388 times)  

Name: Laphroaig Distillery
Established: 1815
Current owner: Fortune Brands

ron

By: yAnja (offline)  Thursday, 09 August 2007  

Hi,
The Laphroaig announce the release of the new expression.
A whisky aged 25 years in two type of wood, and after vatted...
Have You read about this? For me it's interesting experiment, and of course, also Laphroaig joined the current of distillery try use different kind of wood to create something different...

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

By: ron (offline)  Thursday, 09 August 2007  

Yes I heard about it, apparently they sent out a mailing to the Friends a few weeks ago. Here's the content of that mailing:

All of you know and love the unique flavour of Laphroaig. Equally you will all have your personal favourites. For a growing band its 'The Quarter', for others it has to be 'Cask Strength' and I imagine all of you enjoy our 10 and 15 year old 'stalwarts'. However, they all do have one thing in common; they are matured in 'first fill' ex American Bourbon barrels.

Once in a while we like to produce Laphroaig that is a little bit special. Laphroaig 25 Year Old is just such an expression.

First I should say that the most obvious difference is of course the age. 25 years is a very long maturation (the angels have had more than one sip!) The result as you may expect is a sublimely smooth single malt in its own right.

But, the real difference lies in the unique flavour due to the 'marriage'. You see, unlike all our classic expressions we have quietly been maturing some of our finest Laphroaig spirit in Spanish Oloroso Puncheons! Our master blender Robert Hicks has married some of this 25 year old Spanish Oloroso Laphroaig with 25 year old American Bourbon matured Laphroaig.

For the technically minded amongst you Robert chose 'second fill' sherry casks for the marriage. The reason for this was to ensure that the Spanish influence did not dominate. It really is the most complex and rewarding expression of Laphroaig I have ever tasted. Personally speaking the angels stayed right on my tongue. The classic masculinity of the bourbon maturation combines perfectly with the gentle sweetness of the Spanish Oloroso casks - I could go on - but to commemorate this new expression we have created a new website where Robert Hicks our master blender explains some of his secrets.

There is also the opportunity for 25 "Friends" to be the very first people to try this new expression! (The bottles will be personally signed as well). You only have until Monday 13th August to enter the draw so you have to be quick!

Please go to www.laphroaig.com/friends/25 to find out more.

Slainte
John Campbell

I wonder if they serve this dram when I come to collect my rent in October, would be great Rolling Eyes

ron

By: TVAS (offline)  Thursday, 09 August 2007  

Don't be suprised Ron, because I have got the 1994 12 Yr C.S. Laughing Out Loud (as an extra against............p.)

TVAS

Now I can't wait Theo Wink

When we visited Islay in May I noticed that there were only a few flags on the FOL plot of land. I guess they were all blown away by the winter gales. Where there many flags up when you were there to visit your plot?

ron

By: TVAS (offline)  Thursday, 09 August 2007  

No Ron, only a few, however it must be that my flag with my name on it must be there!! Please let me know or even better make a picture from it, only because I am so proud because of that. BTW I have plant such a little Dutch Cheese Flag also overthere by the Dutch Laphroaig flag.

TVAS

I will try and take a picture Theo, weather permitting... I actually never visited my plot of land, I just seem to get stuck with collecting the rent Confused Maybe I should give it a try next time Smile

ron

By: yAnja (offline)  Friday, 10 August 2007  

I surely visit my plot of land in the days we are on Islay and take a picture of our flags and the other planted...
If can be of any help for You...

Also because i must thanks Laphroaig to know Islay and for the incredible desire to be there, that now becoming reality... Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud
Mr. Green

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

27 posts :: Page 1 of 4