sponsored links

37 posts :: Page 5 of 5
By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 02 July 2008  

Quote by: Singlemalt-Danny

I just finished a pocketbook about Bruichladdich and his men; Whisky dream.

What a coincidence Danny, I finished the book yesterday and found it to be a real pleasure to read. It was an eyeopener in some ways as well as a page turner. It took me only a few days to read it and I will write a bookreview on the blog soon. Big Grin

ron

By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Wednesday, 02 July 2008  

Yes Ron, I received the book on Monday(evening) and today I finished the book.
I will take it to Bruichladdich in October and let sign him by all the persons I meet there Wink I won this book in a contest at the Whisky Channel of Ian Buxton.
www.thewhiskychannel.com

Love Single Malt , love Islay , love Scotland ...

Singlemalt-Danny

By: bgulien (offline)  Thursday, 03 July 2008  

I bought the book at Roy's in Bowmore and sat reading it on the beach near Black Rock, looking over Loch Indaal, with a dram of Redder Still next to me.
Magic....

Also bought the Ardbeg book at the open day, signed by the author and the photographer.
All very special.

BTW, there was a review in the Ileach about the Whisky Dream book, and there was some criticism about the pronunciation of names.
Like Caols Ila, etc.

bgulien

By: ron (offline)  Thursday, 03 July 2008  

Quote by: bgulien

BTW, there was a review in the Ileach about the Whisky Dream book, and there was some criticism about the pronunciation of names.
Like Caols Ila, etc.

That's right, I had noticed it as well. It actually says Caol Isla in the book and I've seen more similar errors. It didn't bother me at all though, I found the book very fascinating to read. Even when you're not a whisky drinker/lover the book is still interesting enough to read due to the background you get of the people involved and the impact it had on the Island. I particularly liked the part about Jim McEwan, what a man! Big Grin

ron

By: bgulien (offline)  Thursday, 03 July 2008  

Indeed it was Caol isla. And you're right, brilliant book.
Maybe there will be a book in the future about Port Charlotte.

bgulien

37 posts :: Page 5 of 5