sponsored links

37 posts :: Page 4 of 5
By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Friday, 16 May 2008  

I had a tasting in belgium last wednesday conducted by lynne mc ewan from bruichladdich. the line up was :
14 Y - Barolo ACE'd
14 Y - Bolgheri
14 Y - Sassicaia
14 Y - Barbaresco
18 Y
Redder Still
34 Y Legacy 6
PC 6
it was yummy yummy Razz Razz

Lynne is a very enthusiatic person ( like her father )

Love Single Malt , love Islay , love Scotland ...

Singlemalt-Danny

By: bgulien (offline)  Friday, 16 May 2008  

Hi Danny,

What a lucky feller you are.

bgulien

By: omaha dellrod (offline)  Friday, 16 May 2008  

So, if you have tried both the PC-5 and the PC-6 which did you prefer?

omaha dellrod

By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Saturday, 17 May 2008  

Quote by: omaha+dellrod

So, if you have tried both the PC-5 and the PC-6 which did you prefer?

I prefer the PC6 - although there are not so many differences- you taste that the whisky is matured 1 year more. I think PC 7 will be more interresting , PC will be a top whisky when fully matured I think.(12 Y?). Jim Mac Ewan has done a great job....again.

Singlemalt-Danny

By: bgulien (offline)  Saturday, 17 May 2008  

Hmm, It looks like I have to get myself a PC6 too, when I'm overthere.
It's going to break the bank.
I got a big list of bottles, who are not readily available in Holland, to buy.
Have you ever been to Gordons [url]www.spiritofislay.net?
It's all about Islay Whisky, and you (B.J. and Danny and of course others) would be an nice asset to the various discussions.

bgulien

By: Spirit of Islay (offline)  Saturday, 17 May 2008  

Thanks for the Plug Bob !
A bit more of info.......
The main site , The Spirit of Islay , is about my love of Islay and it's whisky , lots of info about the distilleries , tasting notes , Accounts of the festival (from 2007-present ) and general info about the isle .
The Forum , Warehouse No.4 , has lots of discussions primarily about the whisky but we do cover other things .
Finally we have a chatroom , The Stillroom , where we hold a weekly chat every Wednesday night at 8.30pm UK time , from time to time we have special guests , in the past they have included Stuart Thomson and Mickey Head from Ardbeg and most recently Jim McEwan from Bruichladdich .

Everyones welcome !

Slainte
Gordon

Our visits to the Hebridean Isle of Islay
http://islayvisits.wordpress.com/

Spirit of Islay

By: omaha dellrod (offline)  Monday, 19 May 2008  

Yes, I went onto the Spirit of Islay -Its an impressive site and one I want to keep connected to (Nice job Gordon) - Also nice to see the tasting notes to Corryvreckan - I have ordered a bottle to be delivered to my main man in Edinburgh so he can ship it to me but have not had a tasting of it yet. Did talk to the U.S. Ambassador for Ardbeg and she really loves it (oh wait, this is the Bruichladdich discussion board) - Never mind Big Grin

omaha dellrod

By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Wednesday, 02 July 2008  

I just finished a pocketbook about Bruichladdich and his men; Whisky dream - Waking a giant - by Stuart Rivans. What I nice little book, to read with a great dram of Blacker Still near you Razz . The book describes the buying of the distillery,
their malts, their workers and their projects ( Port Charlotte dstillery ). I even like more my dram of Laddie than before . Great job lads !! Hope to see you in October.

Singlemalt-Danny

37 posts :: Page 4 of 5