sponsored links

37 posts :: Page 3 of 5
By: bgulien (offline)  Monday, 05 May 2008  

I checked, just for the fun of it, but only the exchange has a Redder Still, but none of the three had a Blacker Still.
At GBP 110 for the Red, it is just above my budget.
This what Royal Mile has to say about the Black:

NO LONGER AVAILABLE. This 'Dearly Departed' whisky is a rare, discontinued bottling shown for information only. If we find another bottle should we email you?

So Danny, if you have a bottle, keep it hidden....
Laughing Out Loud

bgulien

By: omaha dellrod (offline)  Monday, 05 May 2008  

Bummer - I am surprised the Whisky Exchange didn't have it - We have the blacker still here at the Dundee Dell so I can always have a wee dram if I am in need of it - We tasted the Links Liverpool 14 YO yesterday - Very nice!

omaha dellrod

By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Monday, 05 May 2008  

Quote by: bgulien

I checked, just for the fun of it, but only the exchange has a Redder Still, but none of the three had a Blacker Still.
At GBP 110 for the Red, it is just above my budget.
This what Royal Mile has to say about the Black:

NO LONGER AVAILABLE. This 'Dearly Departed' whisky is a rare, discontinued bottling shown for information only. If we find another bottle should we email you?

So Danny, if you have a bottle, keep it hidden....
Laughing Out Loud

I will, I will Wink

Love Single Malt , love Islay , love Scotland ...

Singlemalt-Danny

By: bgulien (offline)  Monday, 05 May 2008  

B.J. and Danny you're a pair of very lucky fellers.
If I'm ever in the vicinity of Omaha, I'll check the Dundee.
Is it far from Chicago?
I am from Holland, but my company has a factory over there.
I feel a businness trip coming up.... Rolling Eyes

bgulien

By: Spirit of Islay (offline)  Monday, 05 May 2008  

Quote by: omaha+dellrod

and have purchased a "futures" case of Octomore - which will be the worlds most heavily peated malt - Of course I will not be able to pick that one up till Jim says its ready - Probably 2012 or 2013 -

B.J. (Omaha Dellrod) Big Grin

Hi B.J.
Which Octomore Futures did you buy ?
I bought the original (2002) and when we had Jim McEwan on our weekly chat in March he told us the Futures will be released this summer if not before .

Slainte
Gordon

Our visits to the Hebridean Isle of Islay
http://islayvisits.wordpress.com/

Spirit of Islay

By: omaha dellrod (offline)  Tuesday, 06 May 2008  

Gordon

We purchased Octomore II in 2004 - If it actually got released by 2010 we plan to be back in Islay that March so would be great if we could pick them up then - If not we will have to arrange for them to be picked up and shipped (we go to Islay every three years) - Of course we could always make a special trip Big Grin

B.J.

omaha dellrod

By: omaha dellrod (offline)  Tuesday, 06 May 2008  

Omaha is about a one hour flight from Chicago - About 25 of us fly up to Chicago every Spring for John Hansell's Whiskyfest (Malt Advocate Magazine) - Its a great event and Brett Pontoni who manages the whisky collection at Binny's also throws a big tasting party the night before - We drop a bundle at his store every year.

Dell does tastings once a month with a MegaTasting every year (when else can I afford to taste Black Bowmore or Bunnahbhain's 1968 Auld Aquaintance) - Anyway love to have you visit - You can check the Dell's collection at www.dundeedell.com

omaha dellrod

By: bgulien (offline)  Tuesday, 06 May 2008  

That's quite a collection they have at the Dell.
I think I've spotted a Blacker Still.
If you look at the webcam called Shop Goodies there is on the fourth shelf, right in the middle of the image, a row of, what I surmise, Redder Still.
In the middle of that row is a black tube. (I think).
I am going to check that out in a few weeks time.
If it's a Blackie, I have to slaughter my piggybank, I guess. Laughing Out Loud

bgulien

37 posts :: Page 3 of 5