sponsored links

118 posts :: Page 9 of 15
By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Tuesday, 27 November 2007  

Quote by: ron

Quote by: Singlemalt-Danny

Hi, I am danny, and a Scotland/islay and Whisky lover. I live in Belgium with my wife and 2 kids . I was on slay 2 years ago, and next year i will visit islay again with 3 friends and one of my sons. I am looking forward to it, and hopefully I can meet some of you. Slainthe Math.

Hi Danny, thanks for signing up and a warm welcome to my wee Islay forum. Will you be visiting Islay during the festival in May next year? Big Grin

Unfortunately not in May Frown , I will visit Islay in October, I think a 5 days stay...

Love Single Malt , love Islay , love Scotland ...

Singlemalt-Danny

By: Bruce (offline)  Tuesday, 27 November 2007  

Hi Danny and welcome to the forum! I'm in Scotland and despite the fact I have travelled round a great deal of this country I've only visited Islay once... but that was only because there was no direct route to Jura! Wink

Anyway, enjoy the forum... there's a friendly crowd here (despite their bias towards the wrong island!)

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Tuesday, 27 November 2007  

Unfortunately not in May Frown , I will visit Islay in October, I think a 5 days stay...

Danny, you will find out that Islay is absolutely stunning in the autumn so you shouldn't feel bad about it. If you read my autumn travel report and look at the autumn pictures you will find out you are in for a treat Big Grin Wink

ron

By: Singlemalt-Danny (offline)  Tuesday, 27 November 2007  

Quote by: ron

Danny, you will find out that Islay is absolutely stunning in the autumn so you shouldn't feel bad about it. If you read my autumn travel report and look at the autumn pictures you will find out you are in for a treat Big Grin Wink

I am only feeling bad I can't go twice Mr. Green
I had allready a look of your report before ( I have an RSS feed on that website too Wink
I am sure it will be fine in Autumn.

Love Single Malt , love Islay , love Scotland ...

Singlemalt-Danny

By: mags (offline)  Tuesday, 27 November 2007  

Hi Danny
I`m English but don`t hold that against me - my heart lies in Islay having visited at least once each year for the last ten. I hope to visit next October so will keep in touch as may meet up. Have booked for week at end of Feb. (pray that the weather is kind to us!!) and for two weeks in May. Need a regular fix of Islay scenery, people and life. Hope you enjoy this weblog as much as I do.

mags

By: omaha dellrod (offline)  Wednesday, 02 January 2008  

Hi Rene - This is B.J. Reed from Omaha Nebraska, USA - A group of us from Omaha and the Dundee Dell (Over 600 pourable single malts and counting) have been coming to Islay since 1998 - Most recently in March of 2007 and have developed great relationships with those at the Distillery and beyond. Jim, Mary and Duncan at Bruichladdich, John at Bunnahbhain, Angus and Eddie at Bowmore, Mikey and Jackie at Ardbeg, Brian at The Ileach, Pavel (and Angus) at the Lochside Hotel - The list goes on and on -

Great people, great island. We will be back but not till 2010 so we have to do our best till then by subscribing to Ileach and connecting with locals and friends of Islay on blogs such as this.

From all of us in the Heartland of the US best wishes to everyone!

www.dundeedell.com

omaha dellrod

By: Bruce (offline)  Thursday, 03 January 2008  

Hi B.J. and welcome to IslayInfo... probably the best site you'll find about the island anywhere (and maybe one day Ron will actually pay me to say that! Rolling Eyes )

All the best from Bruce in Scotland (the Jura loving rebel on this forum! Wink)

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: omaha dellrod (offline)  Thursday, 03 January 2008  

Thanks Bruce - Pleasure to be included!

omaha dellrod

118 posts :: Page 9 of 15