sponsored links

118 posts :: Page 3 of 15
By: TVAS (offline)  Friday, 15 June 2007  

The Square Footers Pub!

A very good idea, you know my plot number already, and now looking for the rest Wink

TVAS

By: TVAS (offline)  Friday, 15 June 2007  

Quote by: ron

Hi Theo, when you're planning to visit Ardbeg you might want to get yourself a B&B in Port Ellen. You can either try to find one on the B&B page on the website or you could have a look at The Oystercatcher. I know the people there, they are very friendly, and I can promiss you a fine accommodation, a good breakfast and reasonable prices (25 Pounds). A little cheaper is Carraigh Fhada opposite the bay near the lighthouse. The choice is all yours Wink

Thanks Ron,

it will be The Oystercatcher.

TVAS

By: ron (offline)  Friday, 15 June 2007  

Good choice, you wont be disappointed Big Grin

If you are visiting Ardbeg you might consider having lunch at the Old Kiln Cafe, good quality food and great service :-) The cafe is located inside the distillery, you can't miss it.

A little further down the road is Kildalton Cross and Chapel, worth a visit as well, and as you continue on that same road you can visit Claggain Bay. A lovely little bay with lots of wildlife and beautiful pebbles on the beach. Take one pebble with you and you are destined to come back to islay Big Grin

ron

By: yAnja (offline)  Sunday, 17 June 2007  

Hi to everyone!
My name is Rudy, i am 29 years old and this is my story...

"...It's a cold cold winter night, some days before christmas in 2004, and my ex-girlfriend accompayned me in a bar in her town...
I'm much attired from the whisky menu and from many opportunity i choosed Laphroaig...
Since the first sip a new world open its boundaries into my heart and change my life...
Since that time i start a strenght interest into whisky world, which it means taste more whisky but the love for Laphroaig guide me to increase curiosity for Islay.
For Christmas i gift a bottle of 10Years Old to my father that confirm me he never taste anythibg in his life like that before... And tha same day (25/12/2004) i join the Friends of Laphroaig and an increasing day-by-day interest to Islay and Whisky culture..."

I continue that with my actual reading "World Atlas of Whisky" by Michael Jackson (Impressive book!) a very good choice for everyone who wants increase knowledge about or want to start a knowledge so...

In anycase i diffuse whisky interest to my friends, that since taste LaphroaIg chose sometimes to drink a dram in a pub instead a beer...I think i gifted more bottle that the bottle i buyed... To my father a bottle of 10Years for XMas and 15Years for birthday, to my friend a bottle of 10Years for his last Birthday (this Jan) and a 10years to some other friend... Really Love It (Lap), You think?

This year with a big pleasure travel with my actual girlfriend both for the first time in Scotland, and of course, which it's the best place? Islay obviously... For many reason i feel the call of that land, and think my life it's not the same when we return...
Unluckly only for a week we can go there, and hope Your tips can help me...
We stay in Port Ellen at Calahd Sona B&B (you know?)

Hope You can help me, and hope to make new friends here, meanwhile GREETZ!

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

By: ron (offline)  Sunday, 17 June 2007  

Hi Rudy, thanks for sharing all this with us and welcome to the Islay forum. Isn't it amazing what a dram of Laphroaig can do to a person? Something similar happen to me as well Big Grin I must have said it before, but you will find out that whisky isn't the only thing Islay has to offer. There is so much more and the people on Islay are so friendly, you will definitely find new friends there. I think I know the B&B you are talking about, isn't that the one on the corner near the harbour? If you have any questions just drop them here in the appropriate forum, you can easily start a new topic and I am sure an answer will follow. Wink

ron

By: yAnja (offline)  Monday, 18 June 2007  

Big Grin Thanks Ron,
I know more and more about Islay day-by-day thanks to Your EXCELLENT weblog and website, considered "compulsory" by "The Ileach" if planning a visit... I think you MUST write a book/guide about Islay with all the material you have, i think it could be a success Cool
Laphroaig it's only "my first love" from Islay, but i know there are many and many things to see and do, and i know yet that i feel the distance when we must leave its borders...
For the B&B it's right, it's the one near the harbour.The proprietor it's former employ of a distillery (but i don't know which is)
I forget to say we are from Italy, in north-east, from Padua (not much more than 50km from Venice)
Please forgive me for the worst english, i stop to study it at high-school...

Thanks again

...Islay, Islay, and of course, ISLAY!

yAnja

By: ron (offline)  Tuesday, 19 June 2007  

Big Grin Thanks Rudy, that's a very nice compliment you made me there. Much appreciated! You never know if I end up writing a book, but I might create a PDF file with information from the website for people to take with them when they visit Islay... So many ideas Smile

Venice sounds great by the way but I guess it's quite a bit different from Islay. Venice is defintely one of the cities in Europe I really like to visit... if I only had the time.... and money Wink

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Tuesday, 19 June 2007  

A PDF version of the site sounds good Ron... I'm sure quite a few would find it very useful!

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

118 posts :: Page 3 of 15