sponsored links

118 posts :: Page 2 of 15
By: ron (offline)  Tuesday, 12 June 2007  

Hi Takeshi,

Great that you found your way to the new Islay forum and thanks for introducing yourself. I might as well invite Christine Logan to the forum and we can have a party here Big Grin

I will send her an email tonight, she'll probably like the idea of joining the forum.

Good to hear from you Takeshi and I look forward to your posts.

All the best Big Grin

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Tuesday, 12 June 2007  

It looks like this forum is beginning to take off Ron Big Grin

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: TVAS (offline)  Wednesday, 13 June 2007  

Quote by: ron

Hi Theo,

A warm welcome on my behalf to the Islay Forum. It's interesting to see that a lot of people come to Islay the first time for the distilleries, and even so many people find out that Islay has so much more to offer. I hope you will have the same experience Theo. Islay is a magical place with lots of stunning scenery and of course the best distilleries in Scotland Big Grin

Do you already have a plan of what you are going to do on Islay? And how long will you stay? If you have more questions just drop them in the forum and I'm sure they will be answered.

Thanks for signing in and I look forward to seeing more posts from you. Big Grin

Hi Ron and others,

we have planned a trip through Scotland two weeks in July this year.
It will be the first time that we (my wife and two friends) will visit Islay.
As I already said especially because of that I like the nose and taste of the whisky from Islay so much.
And that I am an owner of a square foot of Islay because I am a Plot owner (No.291729) of Laphroaig, my favorite.
I think that we will be there the end of week 29, and that only for two days. So it will be the 20th, 21 or 22nd.
We like to visit Laphroaig Distillery, but I understand that this one will be closed in this period.
Ardbeg is also a favorite and open I believe.
Further, and also because of my friends, walking and seeing around on the isle.
Maybe you know some (not to expensive, I am Dutch Razz ) addresses to stay overnight, but once more, we don't know when we exactly will be there.
For an answer you can choise this forum or email or part wise both.

TVAS

By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 13 June 2007  

Hi Theo, when you're planning to visit Ardbeg you might want to get yourself a B&B in Port Ellen. You can either try to find one on the B&B page on the website or you could have a look at The Oystercatcher. I know the people there, they are very friendly, and I can promiss you a fine accommodation, a good breakfast and reasonable prices (25 Pounds). A little cheaper is Carraigh Fhada opposite the bay near the lighthouse. The choice is all yours Wink

ron

By: Anonymous: Andy ()  Wednesday, 13 June 2007  

Quote by: TVAS
And that I am an owner of a square foot of Islay because I am a Plot owner (No.291729) of Laphroaig, my favorite.

You should put a flag on it Laughing Out Loud

By: TVAS (offline)  Thursday, 14 June 2007  

I will do that, such a little cheese flag. Wink

TVAS

By: Bruce (offline)  Thursday, 14 June 2007  

I'd need three flags... one for me, one for my partner Linda and one for the square foot we share... fortunately I don't have to share the whisky Big Grin

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Thursday, 14 June 2007  

That reminds me of an earlier discussion on another forum... If we can get enough plots of land next to each other we could really do something with it, maybe even start a friends of Laphroaig pub. How about this for a name: The square footers pub Big Grin

I guess Laphroaig is doing a very good job in promoting their whisky and Islay. Visiting plots of land opposite the distillery seems to be rather popular and draws a lot of folk to Islay, although I didn't spot many flags this year in the field. Most people probably just want to claim their dram in the newly built friends room at the distillery Cool

ron

118 posts :: Page 2 of 15