sponsored links

118 posts :: Page 10 of 15
By: ron (offline)  Thursday, 03 January 2008  

Hello B.J., a warm welcome on the Islay forum Big Grin

If there's anything you need to know feel free to post wherever you like. We don't have any forum rules here, we make them up as we go along Laughing Out Loud

About Bruce... he is a Jura-rebel on the forum and in fact I did pay him with a bottle of Laphroaig two years ago when we met in Scotland Wink I am trying ever since to persuade him to go to Islay again.. no joy so far Wink Think i will bring him another bottle of the good stuff when we meet again!

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Friday, 04 January 2008  

Quote by: ron

About Bruce... I did pay him with a bottle of Laphroaig two years ago...

Believe it or not Ron, but that bottle is now empty... and maybe next time we meet up I'll be able to convert you over to Jura! Wink

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Friday, 04 January 2008  

Quote by: Bruce

Quote by: ron

About Bruce... I did pay him with a bottle of Laphroaig two years ago...

Believe it or not Ron, but that bottle is now empty... and maybe next time we meet up I'll be able to convert you over to Jura! Wink

I'm glad you enjoyed the whisky Bruce Wink
Jura is definitely my second best when it comes to Scottish islands, although I haven't seen many of them yet. So far I've been to Arran, Skye, Rum, Jura and Islay of course. We have plans though to visit the Outer Hebrides next year (2009) so things could easily change. I'm always very much impressed when I see pictures or documentaries from the Outer Hebrides... And also the Orkneys are high on my "todo" list Big Grin

ron

The Outer Hebrides along with the Orkneys and Shetlands are on our "must visit some day" list as well as are all the other islands we haven't visited yet... and all those that we need to spend more time on... actually now that I think about it, practically every island is on the never shrinking "must visit" list! Rolling Eyes

Bruce

By: mags (offline)  Friday, 04 January 2008  

Welcome O.D. I hope you enjoy this web blog as much as I do. I just love Islay and if feeling like a lift go to this site to read all the bits of info and photos placed by Ron etc
Ron/Bruce - loved your list of "must see" islands. Add Mull to this list. Harris and Lewis are wonderful and total contrasts to each other. When I visited a few years ago there was no ferry on Sundays and the swings were all padlocked on late Sat. night. People were asked not to move B.B on Sundays. A visit to the Free Wee Church on Sun. is an experience. As they say nothing moves on Sunday unless it is going to Church. The people are lovely!!! However, you`ve guessed it, Islay is still my number one.
A Happy and Healthy New Year to everybody and lots of Islay visits!!!!!! Mags

mags

You're right Mags, Mull should be added to the list... with a trip over to Iona included as well as one to Staffa (conditions permitting of course!)

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Friday, 04 January 2008  

Quote by: mags

Welcome O.D. I hope you enjoy this web blog as much as I do. I just love Islay and if feeling like a lift go to this site to read all the bits of info and photos placed by Ron etc
A Happy and Healthy New Year to everybody and lots of Islay visits!!!!!! Mags

Thanks Mags for your very kind compliments and I would like to wish you all the best for 2008 as well. It would be great if we could meet sometime on Islay and have a few drams Wink

Speaking of which... Are you having plans for Islay trips this year? I myself will be there the first three weeks of May and probably later in the year as well... Big Grin

ron

By: mags (offline)  Friday, 04 January 2008  

Dear Ron
Am going to Islay last week in Feb., May 11th to 24th and then for week Oct.15th so may well meet up. That will be an experience for you!!!!

mags

118 posts :: Page 10 of 15