sponsored links

14 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Bruce (offline)  Wednesday, 13 June 2007 (Read 16004 times)  

... 1 distillery Wink

Of course there is a lot more to Islay's closest neighbour than that! There's the scenery, the whisky, the history, the whisky, the history, the whisky... need I say more? Rolling Eyes

Islay... the gateway to JURA!

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 13 June 2007  

Lets talk about deer.... Big Grin During our last trip to Jura I noticed that the Deer were very approachable. We got a few of them standing only two meters away from the car and they weren't bothered at all. Wonderful animals and I took some amazing pictures of them, which I will post later on. We also spotted a low flying Hen Harrier just in front of us and...... two Golden Eagles flying high over the Paps. Magnificent Smile

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Wednesday, 13 June 2007  

When we visited Jura we were also amazed at how calm the deer were at us driving past... a group (herd?) of them stood and posed for photos before wandering off; another group just ignored us!

We were also lucky to see an eagle... in fact at one point it seemed to be tracking us until it disappeared over a hill to the east of us!

Bruce

By: TVAS (offline)  Wednesday, 20 June 2007  

Quote by: Bruce

When we visited Jura we were also amazed at how calm the deer were at us driving past... a group (herd?) of them stood and posed for photos before wandering off; another group just ignored us!

We were also lucky to see an eagle... in fact at one point it seemed to be tracking us until it disappeared over a hill to the east of us!

Hi Bruce the link does not work by me. Evil

TVAS

By: Bruce (offline)  Wednesday, 20 June 2007  

Sorry about that... I've been changing my site and the picture has moved... anyway, here it is:

Bruce

By: ron (offline)  Wednesday, 20 June 2007  

The Deer on Jura are amazing... I took this picture when the deer was only 6 feet away from the car, not being bothered at all Big Grin

ron

By: Bruce (offline)  Wednesday, 20 June 2007  

That reminds me of a deer myself and Linda saw the first time we drove through Glen Etive... it ran across the road in front of us and, once it reached the other side, turned round and posed for a couple of photos! I suppose the deer there, as on Jura, aren't used to cars so don't react as some might if they get too close! Then again, its not uncommon to see deer right at the side of the road as you cross Rannoch Moor - and the cars there are going a LOT faster!

Bruce

By: TVAS (offline)  Friday, 22 June 2007  

Nice picture. Smile

TVAS

14 posts :: Page 1 of 2